Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

End of Summer Blooms

A One Stroke mani that actually took many strokes.  This time at the request of JQ of  Frippery Digits I used OPI's I Eat Mainly Lobster as my base color.  It's a beautiful warm coral with a hint of shimmer to it. A perfect end of summer shade in my opinion.
I think my flowers look a bit like the real pressed flowers that are pretty popular at the moment.  I then used a peach and orange acrylic paint to create them.  The centers are done with a tiny liner brush in a brown/black mixture.  I think my ring and middle fingers turned out the best, they remind me of the pressed flowers you can get.  Anyway, not a lot more to say about this so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.




Thanks so much for stopping by and reading, until next time, have a lovely one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these really do look like pressed flowers! You've done a great job here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, I have only tried this technique a couple of times so was rather pleased with how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful!!!
    amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so pretty! And I love this background color!

    Also I'm your your follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".