Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't Touch My Cupcake!


I wish I could say I was shocked when I read THIS  post over on Emerald Sparkled but unfortunately I have encountered bigotry and bullying in the nail blog world before.  There are people that think that once they have a few followers that they are the authority on such things and they have the right to publicly belittle and demean others.
I will say that such behavior is the fastest way to lose me as a follower because I chose to have a zero tolerance policy on such things and I am glad that there are others willing to take a stand. 
 I want to show my support for all  the people that paint "outside the lines" and paint cupcakes, so here are my cupcake nails, complete with sprinkles and a cherry on top (mmm, hungry for cupcakes now).

For those of you that come across such catty entries in your blog surfing, I suggest that if you're not comfortable taking a stand, that you remain silent and not validate the behavior with any kind of comment that could be seen as supportive.  This includes lol'ing and statements of understanding, it makes you no better than a bully yourself. 
 If you support ALL nail bloggers regardless of their skill level a feel that everyone should be able to express themselves however they like, let people know.   

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree!!
    People are always jealous or feel superior, it's a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity there are people like that out there that give nail bloggers a bad name.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".