Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blue and Bling


Wouldn't you know that just as I get some serious bling on my nails the weather would turn bad with no sunshine?  Ah well, I'll subject you to my overcast day photos anyway and figure that you can use your imagination to envision bling and rainbow goodness.

For this I used Savvy Deja Blue on all of my fingers.  This is a dark, inky blue creme that isn't as close to black as the pictures make it seem.  In real life you can easily tell that it's a dark blue.  I had to use 3-4 fairly thick coats depending on the finger because it is rather sheer and has a tendency to drag.  This latter issue is resolved with allowing a minute or two between coats. 

On my ring and index fingers I opted for one of the new Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes.  This one is called Glitz Gal and is a fine pewter glitter suspended in a clear base with some very small silver holographic hexes. I absolutely love the formula for the Gem Crush polishes.  Each one I've tried has had amazing coverage (this is two coats), easy application, as well as an amazingly smooth finish for a glitter.  Meaning it isn't doesn't guzzle top coat to get a shiny finish.  And did I mention that I love the wide flat brush?  It gives full nail coverage in one stroke.
I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.  I will admit though that I had to touch up afterwords because apparently Savvy and Seche don't mix well and I had the worst tip shrinkage that I've encountered to date.  I know that it's an issue for other, but this isn't really a problem I've had in the past with the pairing of the two brands so I'm wondering if it's just this color of Savvy or this bottle of Seche. 

So this is the first Savvy polish I've worn in a long time.  I love the brand but it always seems that they always have the same old polishes and no real new and fun colors.  Am I the only one that feels that the line has gotten a little...well, blah?

Thanks so much for reading, until next time, take care!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just wish I could have had a little bit of sun to really show it off.

      Delete
  2. Oh I never get bored with glitter. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either, right now the majority of the polishes on my table are glitters.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is, I just wish the sun had been out for better pictures.

      Delete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".