Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

An Award for Moi?

Erp, sorry everyone, I'm getting a bit behind in following up on my comments and responses, not to mention getting to visit blogs of my new followers.  I'm getting there though so be patient with me. 
I want to give a huge thanks to Nail Designs xox for awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award. 
So I'm first supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.  This is always so much harder than it seems it should be .  I'm going to try and make this stuff that you don't know about me and since you are already fully aware of my nail polish obsession we'll move right along.

1. In addition to my main hobby of nails I'm also a crafty person, I enjoy quilting, knitting, spinning (making my own yarn, not the kind you do at the gym), beading and scrap booking to name a few.  I seem to rotate through my other hobbies depending on the time of year, but nails are year round.











2. I have a weakness for things that smell good.  I have a huge collection of scented candles and the scent packs for my Sentsy warmers (four of them throughout the house) as well as several shelves worth of body washes, body sprays as well as lotions, which is crazy because half the time I forget to even put on the spray or lotions.  I even use linen spray to scent my towels and sheets after I pull them from the dryer.  I do coordinate household scents though so it doesn't smell like a cheap bordello or anything. 

3.  I love animals, I have cats, dogs, chickens and a parrot.  I used to have ferrets too until they passed on.  Most of my pets are rescued animals.  I am a firm believer that you should only get a pet if you are prepared to give it a forever home and not just as long as it's convenient.











4. I have a wonderful supportive family consisting of my beautiful daughter who just turned seventeen this month and my handsome fiance whom I've been best friends with for over four years now.  They put up with my moods and my clutter and tell me how wonderful I am.

5. I've been in the Air Force since 2000.  I served three years on active duty and the rest have been as a traditional reservist.  I'm very proud of being able to serve my country as well as serving as a positive and strong role model to my daughter.

6. I met my best friend umpteenhundred years ago when my (now ex)husband decided to tell me that he was in love with her (the feeling wasn't mutual).  I had decided to use the philosophy of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer and we've been like sisters ever since. 

7.  Whew, finally number 7! While I have lots of "stuff"  the only thing I really collect other than nail polishes are tea cups with matching saucers and dessert plates.  If I were just collecting the cups and saucers it would be easier, it's actually kind of hard to find the full sets of three.  I love all things tea and coffee related and have a kitchen cupboard...and a half that is designated exclusively to all these things from the actual tea and coffee to the accessories like strainers, sugar and creamer containers and what not.










So, that covers my 7 random facts about me, now the hard part.  I can't ever pick who to pass these awards onto, so I award this to all of my fellow bloggers.  If you are reading this, you're an awesome and Versatile Blogger in my book, so consider yourself awarded!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this was so interesting to read!! :O Thank you for sharing with us! I'm really sorry to hear about your ex, but I am so glad that you ended up with your fiancée!!:D Your hobbies look really fun! In the Air Force too?? Wow, that is so cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, forgot to say: congratulations on your award!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".