Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gem Crush - Lady Luck

I picked up a couple of the new Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes when I was at my local druggist a week or so ago but haven't gotten around to trying one of them until now.  Now however, I am totally in love and hope that I'll be able to go back and get more of their colors.  This is Lady Luck that I'm wearing here.
 The coverage for having a clear base is pretty impressive but I wanted a completely opaque background without having too many layers so I used a coat of China Glaze Ahoy as a base color.  It's very similar and with a bit of shimmer of its own, added a bit more depth.
 Lady Luck is gorgeous, it's comprised of fine magenta glitter suspended in a clear base with lots of small holographic hexes that flash a rainbow of color at you whenever you move your fingers. 
 Application was wonderful, the formula is perfect and allows the glitter to spread evenly over the nail.  I applied two coats to get the depth and bling I was looking for. 
 My only complaint is that it dried a bit gritty and really benefited from a top coat for smoothness and shine.
Well worth it though in my opinion.  I very much want to invest in more of the Gem Crush Colors. Have you tried any of these?

5 comments:

  1. This is sooo pretty! I love it! I haven't tried any polishes from this range but I'm sure the other colours will be worth having too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I haven't tried any of these yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I splurged and got the lavender/gold one and I love it...similar results, amazing coverage and formula. Pretty mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock-or-Not, Isn't it though? I usually don't go for raspberry colors but this one was too great to pass up.
    Laura, I love these. I've got one other that is a pale nude pink glitter with lavender hexes that is great too and want more of them.
    Ashesela,you've got to try them,if you like glitters you'll love these.
    Gottwinkies, I didn't see that one, it sounds beautiful, I'll have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".