Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goldfingers

LOVE the way this turned out.

It's probably the most expensive mani that I'll ever have.

I picked up a big bag of gold leaf from the craft store and applied it to painted nails.  I could have picked some up at a beauty supply for cheaper maybe, I haven't looked to know for sure but oh well, I was there and it hit me, sometimes you just have to act on the idea.  Right?
I applied it over two coats of QRS Moody Blue (an awesome blue polish and could easily be a one coat wonder.)and while it was still a bit tacky, hard to do as it dries super quick, stuck on little flakes of leaf.  Honestly, it wanted to stick to everything but my nails.

I finished it up with a thick coat of Seche Vite.  I'd have to say my ring finger turned out the best.  I'll certainly be trying this look over other colors as well.
What do you think?  Do you like the look, would you do metal leaf over your nails? 
Thanks for reading, until next time, take care.

5 comments:

  1. Love how this looks. Another one steraight onto my inspirational mani's that I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome!!! I bet it was expensive tho, but looks worth it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so gorgeous i love what the gold does for this mani!

    i love the manis on your blog theyre great especially that cherry blossoms one(:


    beautybehaved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love gold and blue together!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".