Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

When Bordom Strikes

I've always wanted to try newsprint nails, I didn't realize how finicky they were though.  I got three done and got bored with the process. I used Milani Bare to Wear as my base color.
 So I decided to try water marbling for the first time. I used Ulta Angel Baby (White) Wet n' Wild Black Creme, China Glaze Recycle (gray) and Essie Smooth Sailing (blue).
I didn't have filtered water on hand so it could have worked out a lot better, but all things considered I don't think they came out too bad. Since I had no intention of doing my right hand with the newsprint, that came off, as well as the marble on my thumb since I didn't care for how that came out.
Essie Smooth Sailing went on all my other fingers.  Love this color and the soft shimmer it has.  Glorious application too.  Two coats was all it took for full coverage.
 By the time all was said and done, it was late so I didn't get pictures, these were taken next day after work, hence the wear and tear, sorry bout that.
So that's what happens when I get bored mid-manicure.  Not a bad thing.

Have you ever gotten bored mid mani and totally switched gears? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading, until next time, have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. cool idea :-D
    i like them both :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the water pattern. The newspaper nails I also only try it once and never more, just to hard work. I tried water marble but I couldn't get any nail polish to stick on the nails not even one nail I was able to do :) Thanks for the yellow nails tip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh i want to try the newsprint so bad, but that sucks that it's so finicky. :( Looks pretty nice though! I dig your colours for the water marble!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".