Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adding Stripes

I wanted to add an additional element to my acrylic paint mani.  I thought that it would offer a great background for some stripes.

I wanted to keep the acrylic paint theme going though.  I thought that black would be too harsh but didn't have a dark brown so I blended my own using a lighter brown with a bit of black and then added some of the dark copper to give it just a bit of the metallic effect, not a lot though.

I already had a clear top coat over so didn't stress over messing up knowing I'd be able to wipe it off if I didn't like it.  My mixture came out a little muddier than I would have liked but it worked.

From there is was just a matter of painting on the stripes, I alternated them originating from one edges then the other and did some small "floater" stripes as well.

On the ring finger I added just a tiny sift of a gold holo glitter.  I wish I had put it under the stripes rather than over though.

I finished it all off with a clear top coat.  It gave the whole look a very African/safari feel which I just love!  My middle finger turned out the best.  Can't you just see the tiger slinking through the tall grass?  Watch out, it may get you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! great job on the stripes girl! Very safari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zapraszam na moje rozdanie!!!!

    http://niebieskookagigi.blogspot.com/2011/08/10-000-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! By the way, just responded to your comment (my computer has been down). Please feel free to link! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".