Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not Quite Right...

Disclaimer:  In my mind it somehow worked, on nail...not so much.  But hey, nails are all about the good and the not so good right?
All photos taken under a "natural" lamp

I started off with Peachy Parrot from the Orly Birds of a Feather collection.  It's a peach shimmer that I loved it in the bottle, but once I put it on I realized that grandmas were wearing this back in the 80's.  I't s pretty, but On me at least it has a really dated feeling, and it's almost too close to a frost for comfort and has the same tendency to show brush strokes that a frost does.

In an effort to escape the 80's if you will, I thought I'd mix things up with one of my top coats, This is where I think I temporarily lost my mind because with two bins of top coats, I grabbed Kleancolor Party Fever a blend of sky blue, fuchsia, purple and light orange hex glitters in a rather murky base with a fine red glitter.

The look I ended up with is a bit on the clashing side but you know what, it is rather fun.  I don't go flashing them for everyone to see, but I do tend to look at them and smile.

Have you ever done a not quite right mani that you actually liked?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you've just got to roll with it even if it's not what you set out to do -- I think these look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this isn't so bad! Yes it is different then I have seen before, but that doesn't make it bad. I prefer 'special', the combination is very original.

    I follow your blog now for a pretty long time and maybe you followed mine on Melaniesnailpolish (The Color Palette), but I moved to a new blog that fits my ideas. Maybe you would like to take a look at www.thecolorpaletteblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe I see you there :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".