Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cause it's a Bittersweet Symphony That's Life...

As per request by a lovely follower Beauty, I'm going to be showing you the Nina Ultra Pro (NUP) Polishes that I got for my birthday as my first swatches. Stop by her blog, she's just getting started but I love her posts, they're very well thought out and informative. Now, on with the show!
One of my favorite songs is The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony. I saw the name on this polish and had to get it based on that along. Silly yes, but luckily it's a pretty polish so it came out well in the end. NUP's Bittersweet is a lovely rosy pink that leans to the dusty side.
It's a straight cream, not a hint of shimmer to be seen but really pretty. I think it would actually be on the granny side if there was shimmer to it. I notice that it brings out a bit more red in my skin tone than I would like but it's not terrible.
It kinda looks like my nails have water spots and that's cause I used Orly Spritz Dry drying spray...I don't think it did much as far as drying and I certainly don't like what it did to my nail surface. It washed off, but I only wash my hands when I was good and sure my nails are dry and I usually take pictures right after I paint so I don't have to worry about dings.
This was three coats polish, and they applied very smooth and nice. I really like my NUP polishes, they're almost always a joy to work with and are very reasonable as far as cost. Win win!

Thanks so much for reading. Any comments are welcome. Until next time ya'll take care now hear!

The embed function was disabled and I don't know how to get around it so if you want to hear Bittersweet Symphony via YouTube click here.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a dusty pink/mauve live this but I haven't been able to find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. you nailed it, you should give this shade a try and see if it works for you. Sorry for the late response but I just realized that you're set to no reply so my email response never made it to you. :(

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".