Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Purple Posies - One Stroke Nail Art

Ug, I should totally be doing homework right now, I've a paper that's already a day late.  So what am I doing instead?  Nails of course, what else.
While I love the one stroke nail art that I've seen on several other blogs, I've had limited luck with it myself.  But I figured it was just like everything else and I just needed to practice, so here's more practice. 
Products Used

While I'm not perfect by any means, my one stroke flowers are have started to actually resemble flowers so I thought I'd start sharing some of my one stroke manis with you.  I hope you like them, perhaps it will inspire you to try it too.
Indoor lighting
For this look I used three coats of Color Club Alter Ego then for a little extra  flash of color I added a coat of Kleancolor Chunky Holo Purple.
Using white and a dark purple acrylic paint as well as a small flat brush I dipped each corner of the brush in a different color and painted in the petals.
I used the purple to fill in any bare spots in the center then applied a top coat.  While the top coat was still wet I applied the half pearls the the center.
I think my thumb turned out the best, I'm rather proud of it. 

So have you tried the one stroke method on your nails yet?  You should, once you get the hang of it, it's not all that difficult. Thanks so much for reading, until next time, have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".