Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Naughty Haul

I was a naughty girl. I couldn't really afford to do this, but I stopped by the salon supply store just to look, honest... Well, there's this little man there, he's old and wizened, not so good on the English but what a salesman. He runs around grabbing items to show me. "Dis bran new!!" and "Ony fie dolla!" or "Buy foe get one flee!" Even as I was handing him my money he was still trying to get me to buy the ENTIRE Burlesque series for $40 something and change.
...At least that's what I think he was saying. Considering that they just got in the OPI Burlesque Collection and the Color Club Diamond Collection I promised to return and he seemed somewhat mollified.
Sigh, I don't seem to be able to buy polish by the onsies and twosies which would fit much nicer into my budget. Anyone else with the same penchant?

So anyway, here by the light of my ott lamp since it's well after dark is my naughty little haul.

Color Club from left to right: De-luxe-cious, Jewel of a Girl, Turn the Other Chic, Nothing but Truffle, Snakeskin,

OPI from left to right: Show It and Glow It, Take the Stage, Rising Star, Sparkle-icious

So I put the Color Club 'Nothing but Truffle' on and I'm trying to figure out exactly how to classify it color wise. The boyfriend is of the opinion that it's the color of some old exotic wood, neither red or brown and he's not far off mark. Hopefully there's sun tomorrow by which to take pictures and I can show you what I mean.

Until next time, ciao!

7 comments:

  1. Ummm, yes I feel your pain.
    I can't buy polish one or two at a time either, unless it's an expensive one. *hangs head*

    Anywho, awesome haul!! Sparkle-icious looks so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises hand*
    I to suffer from the affliction that causes me to buy many many polishes at one time.

    But...I love the haul. and I can't wait to see Nothing but Truffle. Please post it soon!

    LadyM

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice - Im waiting for my haul of about 15 polishes to arrive from Transdesign that includes the Burlesque collection - shipping to New Zealand takes ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ChaosButterfly: Isn't Sparkle-icious great! Asside from the fact that there's blue instead of green glitter in with the purple and gold I think it's pretty much Mardi Gras in a bottle.

    Lady M: I'm glad I'm not alone. :) If the sun comes out tomorrow I'll post it. It's a really pretty, very rich color.

    Lisa: I shall wish you speedy shipping. I'd love to visit NZ one day, it's a beautiful place. I have a friend in Nelson and she's always tempting me with pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great haul! I laughed about the man in the store, haha! when I go on vacation to Greece, all of the men are like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toesthattwinkle: I tested Snakeskin on a fake nail and it really is pretty!

    Lois: Oh dear, I don't think my pocketbook could handle more than one!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".