Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prince Charming


It's taking me a bit to get back in the groove of posting so I went back through some of my pics and dug up a polish that I hadn't posted yet.
Here is Orly's Prince Charming, I wore this on one of my military days because it's a very neutral color. It reminds me of chocolate milk with maybe just the tiniest amount of strawberry mixed in.

I actually had a hard time with the application, the formula was super thick and if I tried to get a thin coat it was really streaky but otherwise it laid down way to much. Drying time seemed to take longer than most of my other Orly polishes as well. It's not a problem I usually run into so I'm thinking it may be a bottle or batch issue for this color.
Once is was down and dry though, I thought it was lovely, especially if you like the neutral sort of none-colors.
I thought it would make a nice base for some faux-nading so I thought I'd give it a try. I used American Apparel Factory Gray and a faux-nad plate.
Now nail stamping is something I've done just a handful of times so I'm not very good at all. I really need to practice more. It didn't turn out horribly horrid but it could certainly use work. Maybe I should set a personal challenge for myself to use my stamps more often.
What do you think? Needs work huh.
Hey, if you haven't already done so, enter my giveaway, I'll be announcing the winner this coming Monday.

4 comments:

  1. OOO, so pretty, I love this color. Did you see MySimpleLittlePleasures with the Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure over top of this, it was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice colour, I love those chocolate-looking polishes!
    I never used Konad before (I have the slight impression that once I start I may get a little addicted, or completely mad because it won't turn out the way I'll want, and I'll have to start my manicures over and over :) ) but what you did here is very beautiful in its subtlety. I really, REALLY like how the grey colour matches with the Prince Charming one, it gives a nice vintage look... and honestly, even in large your picture doesn't show any particular flaw, I wouldn't say that you need some work. At all.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a really great job with the stamping! The colours look really cute together too, I wish I could do my nails that well.
    I have never worn that type of colour before, but am definitely going to start now, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aggie, I did see your post, the combination was just stunning. I had an "I wish I'd thought of that" moment. :)

    Lolaa, Thank you. I love vintage looks so that's a lovely complement.

    Emie, They're really quite lovely when you're looking for something a bit more subtle. I'm really glad I picked it up.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".