Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quirius Cresskill Eve

I just got an order from QRS Beauty this weekend and again, I am beyond thrilled with my polishes.  Honestly, if you don't have any of their polishes in your collection you are seriously missing out. 
I don't have a deal with them (although I wouldn't mind) and am not getting any reward off of recommending them so this is my honest opinion. 
They have a great selection of colors and finishes. The prices are quite simply amazing ($3.99 for .5 fl oz),  They are one of the quickest companies I've ordered from, and they ship to ensure that your polish arrives safely, boxes, bubble wrap, the works.  Love them.  (And it doesn't hurt that they send a  gift with your purchase, free polish is always a good thing.)

So one of my three favorites from this order is Cresskill Eve.  The first thing that came to my to mind is a highly patinaed bronze but the easiest way to describe it is a dark olive green with gold shimmer. 
  
I haven't been able to catch any of the brief moments of sun for pictures so all of these pictures are taken via an Ott lamp in the evening.  For some reason my camera is picking up red in my skin so I look horribly sun burnt and the high contrast is making my cuticles look much worse than they are so please pardon. I swear I don't look like this in real life. 
I love the consistency of this polish.  It pretty much painted it's self onto my nails.  This is three coats although two would have probably been sufficient.
Here you can really see the lovely olive green  that is the base color.  Isn't it just gorgeous?  
 Another thing I really like about these polishes is the smell...or rather the fact that, at least to my nose, it's not as prominent as it is with some other polishes.  Don't get me wrong, it still smells like polish, but just not as strong.

I picked up 8 colors so plan on seeing more QRS polishes.  Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, take care. 

2 comments:

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".