Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yodel-le-hee Yodel-le-hee Yodel-oh!

I'm having a bad nail day.  You know, the ones where you detect a snag and instead of leaving it alone until you can fix it you pick at it until you end up ripping your nail to the point where you can't save it.  :(  Yeah, that was me last night...On FOUR nails!  We're talking down to the quick, itty bitty nubbins.  This is one downside to my new gel nails.  So sad. 
So I'm trying to determine how bad it is.  I certainly don't want the rest of my nails down to the quick, that would just be silly even for the sake of consistancy. So for the next few days I'm going to be working on them to see if I can get them back to the point where I'm not ashamed to show them to blog land. and for the next few posts you're going to be getting back photos.


Just so you know, I have to sing the title of this blog entry like they did in the Sound of Music. Yodel-le-hee Yodel-le-hee Yodel-oh!  And if I just gave you an earworm and you're going to be singing this throughout the day...well so am I so I'm not sorry.  :) Don't you just love me all to pieces? You can thank me later, lets move onto the star of this show.  Which I'm sure you've figured out is OPI's Yodel Me on my Cell.

I wasn't expecting this polish to be as sheer as it was. In the bottle it looks really rich and opaque but alas, it took three/four + touch up coats to get complete coverage. Totally worth it for this beaut though if you ask me. The color reminds me of the ocean when I was in Hawaii years ago. In this landlocked state of mine I rarely see it outside of screen savers.

Application was super smooth though, no streaking and since I took my time between coats no dragging either, exactly how I like it.




This is from the Swiss Collection which was kind of hit and miss with me.  This was for sure a hit.  If you have a thing for lovely blue's and don't have this, I highly recommend. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading.  Until next time, take care.

1 comment:

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".