Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not Shaken or Stirred (some funky polish action)

A huge "Hi" to my followers both old and new, I'm flattered that you find me interesting and informative enough to keep track of my ramblings.
The weather here is making it very difficult to wow you all. It's behaving more like early fall than late summer which means windy, cold, gray and raining. Not at all to my liking! If you look to the left of the picture, you can see the one little spot where any sun is making it's way through the clouds. Hello sun, come back soon!
All this dark doesn't make for great picture taking either but I have just got to show you this oddball polish I picked up.
Yesterday was back to school shopping with the daughter and after stacks of clothes in stores with no polish I was pretty much done. She convinced me to make one last stop though, to Rue 21. Where I found a few new beauties and the ugly duckling (which I'm not sure is going to make it to swan status.) all for $.50 each! Score!!
So check it out. "Do Not Shake!!!" Doesn't that just make you want to give it a good shake? For $.50 I'm contemplating going back and getting another just so I can shake it to my hearts content.
And what really makes me want to shake it is how it looks in the bottle. All separated and ooky! Check out this weirdness.
I mean really, it looks like someone used nail polish remover to thin it out.
But, it's supposed to be that way. This is Rue 21's Love Bites in color 090. Poor color didn't even get a name! :( ...but then again, none of their colors have names. It's an interesting combination of barely shimmery multi-tonal grays and charcoal that honestly I think would be one gorgeous gray if they were shaken together. (Daughter is going back to Rue 21 with her grandma, am definitely going to bribe her to get me another bottle for shaking purposes.)
I know you're dying to see what this looks like on nails.
As you can see, each nail is very different. The charcoal showed up the most on my index finger and a wee bit on the ring finger. The rest were just streaky looking.
What do you know, a polish that is streaky on purpose! Way to capitalize eh?
This is 1 1/2 coats 090 with two layers of top coat.






What other odd polishes have you come across?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".