Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Orly Cosmic FX 'It's Not Rocket Science'

I spent Friday through Sunday down in Provo, Utah for a military event. I took some basic nail supplies with me so I could do my nails and take pictures while I was gone...but I forgot my camera. So what you're getting is day four of my fabulous new polish, pardon the the damage. Also pardon the lighting, we've been having more than our fair share of gray skies so these are taken in 'sorta sunny" conditions.
I was lucky enough to pick up It's Not Rocket Science and Galaxy Girl but sadness, they had already sold out of Space Cadet at the Sally's I went to and I haven't ventured out since to look for it.
Predictably enough given that green is involved I am completely in love with this polish. The fact that I received so many complements on it doesn't hurt either. One gentleman said that he thought that from a distance my nails were beads.
I think that is a pretty good description, greeny/gold, glittery beads, heck, if they made beads that looked like this I'd snatch them up in a heartbeat.
Be still my heart, application was a breeze as well. The first coat looked like an olive green and I wasn't sure how that would turn into the glorious green the bottle bragged but the second and third coat brought out the richness.
The only problem I had was with the drying...It didn't want to.
I used Orly Bonder as my base coat followed by three coats of INRS followed by a coat of Sally Hansen's Insta Dri.
I noticed on the first coat of INRS that is was sticky for longer than most polishes and the additional coats compounded the issue allowing for some significant damage that required removal and re-doing. Even with the quick dry top coat...it was dry but it would just slide off the nail because of the unset polish beneath it. This was even with a wait time of about two minutes between coats. Maybe it was the humidity, I hope so because it's a fabulous polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate your comments and I try to respond to all of them either directly via email or here in the comments section if you're set to "no reply".